These Caprese Bites are the perfect party appetizer! Fast, easy, and healthy made with cherry tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, and a drizzle of balsamic glaze. They’re a delicious single bite snack! Perfect for super bowl parties, game day, or anytime you need a quick healthy appetizer.
This post may contain affiliate links.
These tomato and mozzarella Caprese Bites are my go-to appetizer anytime I need a quick, healthy appetizer. First of all, they don’t require any cooking or baking. So they’re perfect for a last minute party. Most importantly, they’re made from simple healthy ingredients for a delicious healthy appetizer. They’re a guiltless snack in contrast to all the chips, dips, pizza, and other greasy snacks.
What’s better than an easy snack that doesn’t require a fork or plate? Because these Caprese Bites are skewered onto toothpicks, they’re the perfect one-bite size. You don’t even have to worry about getting utensils or your hands dirty!
How to Make Caprese Bites
- First, wash and dry tomatoes and basil.
- Then cut the cherry tomatoes and Cilieginemozzarella balls in half
- Depending on the size of the basil leaves, leave whole, or cut in half or thirds (should be 2.5-3 inches long).
- Assemble the Caprese bites by pairing half a tomato and half a mozzarella ball. Then set the tomato/mozzarella ball on top of a basil leaf.
- Next, secure the Caprese bite with a toothpick. Do this by going through one side of the basil leaf, skewering the cheese and tomato, then out through the other side of the basil leaf.
- Line up the Caprese bites on a serving dish and drizzle with Balsamic glaze just before serving
Caprese Bites – Fast, Easy, & Healthy Appetizer
- 15 cherry tomatoes
- 15 fresh ciliegine mozzarella balls (ciliegine refers to the size - about the size of a cherry. Some brands also call them "pearls")
- 1/2 oz. fresh basil leaves
- [Balsamic glazehttps://amzn.to/2WxYZBB]
- Wash and dry tomatoes and basil
- Cut cherry tomatoes and ciliegine mozzarella balls in half
- Depending on the size of the basil leaves, leave whole, or cut in half or thirds (should be 2.5-3 inches long)
- Assemble the caprese bites by pairing half a tomato and half a mozzarella ball on top of a basil leaf
- Secure the Caprese bite with a toothpick, going through one side of the basil leaf, skewering the cheese and tomato, and out through the other size of the basil leaf
- Line up the Caprese bites on a serving dish and drizzle with [Balsamic glazehttps://amzn.to/2WxYZBB] just before serving