Fat Burning Workout at Home in 10 Minutes #2
Another 10-minute workout combining weights at a heart-pumping pace with some ab work for quick full body. The combination upper body/lower body moves with weights in this workout build lean muscle while burning some serious calories. The result? A boosted metabolism to burn more fat and reveal a toned physique in record time.
Fast and Efficient to Sculpt Lean Muscle and Burn Fat
I’ve always loved morning workouts and starting my day on a positive note. But sometimes I just want to sleep! Or my alarm goes off before work and I snooze a few too many times before realizing I don’t have time to go to the gym or even a 30-minute workout at home.
Ugh, is there anything worse than planning to workout, actually wanting to workout, then realizing you don’t have time?
That’s why I love having a few of these fast and efficient 10-minute workouts for those days when life just gets in the way and I feel like I don’t have any time. Even the busiest women and moms can find 10 minutes, right?
Another 10-Minute At Home Fat Burning Workout
I shared the first 10-Minute At Home Fat Burning Workout in April I’ve gotten great feedback on it! So, here’s another one, just in time for summer when you have way more fun things to be doing than working out!
Shop My Look!
Before I get to the workout, I want to tell you about my amazing new Amazon workout clothes. For less than $35 I bought that super cute top (and tied the little knot in front) and those gorgeous purple-y/mauve squat-proof crops.
- Mippo Sexy Open Back tank top
- 90 Degree By Reflex High Waist Squat Proof Tummy Control 22″ Interlink Capris
- And of course my favorite Nike Women’s Downshifter 7 shoes
Read more about my other affordable Amazon finds in my Amazon Workout Clothing Haul: Athleisure Try-On!
- Upper/Lower body strength (9 minutes)
- 1 minute per move
- Immediately transition to the next move
- Repeat the entire circuit for a total of 3 rounds
- Core (last minute)
This full body fat burning workout at home is an AMRAP (as many repetitions as possible) style workout. In other words, you’ll perform the exercise as many times as possible in the set amount of work time.
Each “work” interval is 60 seconds where you’ll continuously perform the exercise without rest to really burn out the muscles and get your heart pumping. After that, you’ll immediately transition to the next exercise.
Even though it’s called AMRAP, speed is not the goal. That is to say, move at your own pace while maintaining good form. The point is to be fast paced to get a little cardio action too while still using a weight that’s challenging. Just focus on being efficient and safe with your transitions.
The absence of rest periods keep your workout moving along for a fast, efficient fat burning workout at home in less time than it takes to drive to the gym.
All you need for this workout is a set of weights and a timer. Choose something on the lighter side (5, 8, or 10 pounds) because you’ll be doing each exercise for a full minute!
- Interval timer (like the Gymboss interval timer or the Seconds app)
- A set of dumbbells
- Set an interval timer (like Gymboss or the Seconds app) for 60 seconds of work and no rest x10 rounds.
- Perform each exercise continuously without rest for 60 seconds, then transition immediately to the next exercise. Try to move quickly, but remember to be safe during transitions.
- Maintain good form during the entire minute, decreasing the weight if necessary if your form starts to suffer.
- Complete the entire upper body/lower body circuit (moves 1-3) 3 times. Then finish with the core exercise.
1. Squat + Neutral Shoulder Press
2. Alternating Forward Lunge + Bicep Curl
3. Chest Press + Glute Bridge
4. Abs: Weighted Curl & Reach
If you like this workout structure, be sure to try my other 10-minute
What’s your go-to workout when you’re short on time?